At Carlisle Companies Incorporated, we are a diversified, global portfolio of niche brands and businesses. Our markets include commercial roofing, specialty polyurethane, architectural metal, aerospace, medical technologies, defense, transportation, industrial, protective coating, auto refinishing, agriculture, and construction. Our worldwide team of employees generated $4.8 billion in revenues in 2019. At Carlisle, we manufacture highly engineered products and solutions for our customers. We are driven by our strategic plan, Vision 2025, and are committed to generating superior shareholder returns while working with a culture of responsible stewardship and continuous improvement as embodied in the Carlisle Operating System. Are you ready to work with us?
Currently we are looking for a: Data Center Engineer
The Data Center Engineer will provide direct support for Carlisle IT Global Data Centers (GDC).
This position is responsible for facilitating design for the Servers, Storage, Networking, and Security related to the GDC environments. Including backups, disaster recovery plans, and validation of such plans on a reoccurring basis. Support includes remotely connected offsite infrastructure directly tied to the GDC and its dependencies. System and Networking products to be supported at a minimum are Microsoft, Linux, VMware, Nutanix, Hyper-V, Pure Storage, EMC Storage, and Veeam.
The Data Center Engineer must work closely with the Sytems and Networking Teams and analyze the GDC components to support troubleshooting and proactively avoid outages and resource constraints
Key Functions and Responsibilities
- Work closely with Systems, Network, Service Delivery, Security Operations, and Applications teams to ensure the success of business objectives.
- Configuration and advanced troubleshooting for Physical and Virtual Network Segmentation within the GDC environments.
- Server Automation, installation, setup, configuration, administration, and support.
- Design, Document, Oversee and Mitigate Backup and Disaster Recovery operations for all division systems running in the GDC Environments.
- Generate and maintain knowledge base articles and other technical support documentation.
- Assist team members in being adequately cross-trained.
- Works closely with the Data Center Architect to design and implement fault-tolerant, highly available, enterprise solutions for, but not limited to:
- Active Directory
- NPS / Radius
- Application and Network Load Balancing
Skills and Abilities
- Use critical thinking skills to evaluate all viable solutions in the GDC while using appropriate judgment to apply effective resolutions.
- Adequately address and prioritize tasks based on urgent and highly sensitive client needs and manage appropriate/realistic expectations to ensure overall client satisfaction
- Work very closely with divisional applications owners to develop workload migration plans while minimizing risk.
- Effective with PowerShell and additional programming languages, for example, Python, for continuous improvements to the GDC Environments.
We require a minimum of four years of Systems experience and one year of Networking experience for this position.
Must include advanced Active Directory and VMware troubleshooting, preferably in environments containing 500+ hosts/VM’s. The candidate will have experience with hyper-converged computing environments as well as experience with Dell VxRail. Experience with VMware VCF is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university (Information Technology, Information Systems) preferred.
- Certifications preferred (e.g., VMware VCP, CSEP, MCSE, CCNA)
- A great teammate that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Work outside of regular business hours to support Carlisle’s GDC Environments.
- Enthusiastic, forward-thinking, and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- Knowledge of O365, SAP (and other ERP systems), manufacturing processes and procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others is desired.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) and work remotely, without direct supervision.